Tuesday 28 December 2010

Slow Shutter Speeds

Altering the shutter speed of your camera can create some amazing effects if you've got a tripod and something that makes some decent light!

I bought some sparklers for bonfire night and me and my friend Will took some pictures;


These two were the best out of the first attempt, we took them at Otterspool Promenade where it was very windy and cold so we gave up after about 10 minutes! They were taken at f/14, 3.2 seconds, ISO 100.



f/14, 3.2 seconds, ISO 100

The rest were taken in my garden the next day when it wasn't as cold or windy so we got some better shots. The ones of me were taken by Will, you can see some of his pictures on his Flikr.


f/6.3, 6 Seconds, ISO 400


f/4, 10 Seconds, ISO 400

These two are the results of my first attempts at drawing with light, I had to use my phone because I didn't have anything else at the time so it was quite difficult to get right!

No comments:

Post a Comment