Saturday 20 November 2010

Sharing The Wealth; Polish Photographer Pitor Zgodzinski

I was on Flikr the other day searching for photographs taken with twin lens cameras and in particular, the Rolleicord I got as an early Christmas present. I came across THIS photostream by a Polish photographer called Pitor Zgodzinski. On his profile, he claims to "paint with light, not with the Photoshop" which is exactly what I try to do with my photographs. People seem to have lost the whole concept of how to use the available light to your advantage, as the common view held today is that they can just edit the photograph later. This is one of the reasons why I love film photography in its purest form, with little editing except that done in the dark room.



These are NOT my photographs, click here for Zgodzinski's photostream 

Those are just a few of my favourite photographs from his photostream, they show the beauty of analogue photography, as well as TLR cameras. On almost every photograph he states which type of camera was used as well as the film type, the aperture and the type of lighting, which is usually always the available light. A lot of photographers today are very reluctant to share their secrets which is a great shame, and the ones that do show a true passion for photography and a willingness to teach others.

No comments:

Post a Comment