Friday 19 November 2010

Liquifying and Airbrushing

I recently watched an online tutorial on liquifying, which is something I have never tried before. Liquifying is a Photoshop technique which is used to make objects or people larger or smaller.

I found this tutorial to be extremely useful. These are some of the images that I practiced on yesterday:



Click on the images to see a larger version

The first image is just a self portrait taken a while ago. I used the liquify tool to make my nose slightly smaller, my top lip a little fuller and my cheeks narrower. I also used THIS airbrushing tutorial to make my skin smoother. The second image is of my friend Allie. I took this photograph as part of a set when I first got my studio lighting equipment to test them out. I used this photograph because I wanted to practice on full length model shot, NOT because I thought she needed to look any smaller! I also used the airbrushing tutorial again, and altered the levels to make the black areas a little more dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment