Thursday 10 February 2011

New lens!

I got a Tamron 17-50mm lens last week and I went out a few days ago to take some pictures with it. Me and Will went to Southport as he wanted to use his new Canon 17-55mm lens and his Samyang fisheye. We got there just before sunset and it had been a clear and sunny day so the sunset was amazing!

Here are a few of the photos I took;





These were all taken with my Canon 450D and my Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8. To see some of the photographs Will took, CLICK HERE for his Flikr photostream. You can also view my photos on Flikr by clicking here.


I absolutely love this lens! It's great for low light situations as it has a low aperture and still produces really sharp images. Below is a few examples of how great this lens is at performing in low light situations


This was taken at f/2.8, 1/15s, and ISO 1600 so it is quite grainy. the TV was really blown out on the original image (see below)


so I took a seperate shot of the TV and pasted it on to the original image and blurred it out to fit in with the background. I love how narrow the depth of field is and the background blur. 

This is a great lens and was only £228 from THIS Ebay seller. It came with a lens hood and UV filter to filter out any unwanted rays such as reflections on shiny surfaces (water, glass etc). There was a shipping cost of £17.51 which I wasn't told about (and wasn't happy about!) until the lens was delivered to my house, but overall it is great value, considering the Canon equivalent is around £600 to £700. Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment